Logos vintage

  1. Forening for Boghaandvoerk I’ve seen plenty of FF ligatures, but it’s the FB one on this that I like and wanted to keep for reference.
  2. Cumberland Capital Corp. Just great. I imagine it’s supposed to imply ‘growth’ with the tree image, but it makes a pleasing image - perfect for a monogram.
  3. Fernandec & Rubin This ampersand is wonderful.
  4. New York Aquarium Reminds me of Japanese mon, and unlike a lot of the logos that look symmetrical but aren’t, this one is. Perfectly.
  5. National Sea Products Limited A fish with a crown? How could I say no? I like the composition and old-timey lettering too.
  6. Oy Finleuy Ab This one makes me laugh. It looks like a demented chameleon.
  7. Norwegian Caribbean Lines Interesting to keep, just to show any letter can be made to trail off into a wavey line.
  8. Keystone Park I did make a slight modification to this - I cleaned up the ‘central reservation’ in the curved road. I’m not entirely sure what a motorway intersection has to do with a parkbut I’m sure it made sense at the time.
  9. Jonneret SA Lovely wavey lines… ‘nuff said.

  1. Hillier Things to do with arrows, part 295,041
  2. Herman Smith Management This one reallyreminds me of another logo...
  3. Acushnet Company And thisone reminds me of this.
  4. Arbeitgemeinschaft der Lukal-und Bringing to mind a labarynth, without being one.
  5. Kusnierz On the Flickr set, someone added a comment that this could be an alternative to the Firefox logo. I quite agree.
  6. Harvey Dodds Limited Simple and clever.
  7. Tjernlund Manufacturing Company Cute little Viking!
  8. Nikko Again, for reference - playing with the letterforms to ensure consistent optical space around them. It can be difficult to make letters work in a circle like this.
  9. Jelen This one seems really familiar too! I just can’t place it.
  1. Beverly Hills Bancorp Very simple and attractive - it’s quite sweet.
  2. Amigen Presumably a pharmaceutical logo - it certainly looks like one. I like it though.
  3. Montgomery Ross and Partners This was fun to draw, but as a logo it’s incredible aggressive. All those phallic arrows...
  4. Franco Ranchetti Now, a lot of the logos are simple geometric shapes with a chunk taken out, and they’re as a whole not very good. I think this is one of the few exceptions - the negative space does form a nice R.
  5. Ramon Reig Cabanas This would be quite unremarkable if the strip hadn’t been removed from the R. It’s curious.
  6. Health and Comfort Supplies Limited Very much of the time. Probably the only one of the op-art logos that I actually like.
  7. Gregson Manufacturing Company This is just weird. Combining OCR and traditional forms like that. Maybe they were going for the old "fusion of old and new" schtick.
  8. Pinewood Plantation Simple, not entirely satisfying, but I kept it as reference.
  9. Orchard Decor Canada Limited Simple and straighforward… a bit borderline for me.